Hello guys! I’ve been studying Nihongo lately, so far I’ve just learnt hiragana, basic greetings and subjects! Hajimemashite! Watashiwa RJ desu! Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu! 😀
I plan to study more and take the Japanese certification exam on December in my country, I plan to take N3 level! Hope I pass.. XD
Anyway!! Time for another gunpla review! This time I tried to build an HG kit that is a
little bit more expensive than usual HGs, its just that he really caught my eye and he looks cool on the illustrations.
I also took courage to semi-custom paint this kit since I bought some Tamiya paint from Lil’s hobby shop! I hope it turns out good! Without further ado! I introduce to you HG 1/144 Gundam RX-78 GP02A Type-MLRS!! Enjoy!! 😀
Oh btw, the paints I used in this kit are Metallic Dark Grey, Titanium Gold, Copper, Blue, Red and Yellow! 🙂 Just click on an image for the gallery to appear! 😀
**OKAY WTF?! WordPress is screwing with me, I can’t seem to fix the order of the images properly, whether I sort it ascending or descending, it ends up the same where the 1st image should be the last image! XD
Anyway, just click the last image and go leftwards instead.. XD
At last fixed the god damned pictures, added some missing pics too.. 🙂
So what do you guys think about the paint? XD
What I like about this kit:
1. He just looks cool on display!
2. I love the MLRS!
3. The bazooka is quite nice, huge like Rick-Dom’s bazooka.
4. A lot of detail to panel line for an HG kit!
5. A lot of custom painting potential!
6. I like the overall design, especially the shoulder armor with thrusters, the MLRS and his huge shield!
7. He has a damn huge shield with half of the bazooka hiding behind it.
8. The thrusters in the shoulder armor can be turned up and down as can be seen on the images.
9. The beam sabers are of different color than usual pink sabers, its neon green!! I love it!
What I don’t like about this kit:
1. I didn’t like the dirty white greyish default color of its armor.
2. There is not much articulation with his legs and it seems awkward to try to pose him at certain poses.
3. Movement of the arms are pretty much constricted because of the MLRS at his back, although he can move his arms alright to the front.
4. Foil stickers suck! That’s why I didn’t use any!
5. The shield is pretty heavy, especially when half the bazooka is stored behind it, its very troublesome to attach the shield to his hands and pose him, the shield keeps on falling off his hands.
6. Something is wrong with the articulation of his legs.. Its just that its quite different from usual HG kits. He can’t bend his legs much and do more dynamic poses. But anyway, he isn’t designed to have dynamic poses since HE IS a heavy assault unit! XD
7. The arms have a bad design, both left and right arms keep on falling off the shoulder joints during posing, especially that he carries heavy armaments!
8. Personally didn’t like the design of his head.. XD
9. The bazooka is really hard to setup with everything falling off! the hands, the arms! XD The only sturdy parts are the shoulder armor, body and legs.
10. The connecting joint of the MLRS to his backpack is a little loose too that in time it will slowly sag down, Well it can be fixed with some white glue! Tighten it a bit. 😀
11. The holes of his hands to hold weapons is a little big that he has problems holding the beam sabers. Only at certain angles can he hold the sabers properly.
12. Overall, I had a troublesome time posing him! XD
That’s it for today! My next project would probably my entry for the upcoming gunpla building competition this coming summer! Hope I can pull off some badass mobile suit! Till next time! 😀
18 thoughts on “HG 1/144 Gundam RX-78 GP02A Type-MLRS”
Nice, liking the details you added there :).
The GP02A is something of a “toned down” version of the original, but compensated with the MLRS.
The knees and elbows are limited due to the design, heavily armoured and bulky.
Also, this guy isn’t meant for dynamic melee posing.
Yeah I agree.. 😀
Looks Like a Great Kit for a HG 😀 some how i could use those rocket packs for a custom .. hmm ;3
He looks great, but he got some problems though. 😀 Yes It could make a nice customization.=3
Thrusters on the shoulders gets in the way?
Yes it kinda does.. XD
Favorite suit from Gundam Battle Universe (the nuke special was lovely XD) , as for the kit seems to be really bulky (like the original in the anime), and yeah, you are right, a lot of details to be panel lined. I wonder how many hours did it take you to finish?
Approximately.. 15 hours? XD
. . . . . . . . . *taps shoulder* you sir are a good man, man thats long, too long (speaking as if I don’t play galge for the same amount of time) lol, well anyway keep it up!
haha thanks!! 😀 Just wanted to make everything clean.. XD
Man the GP02A, I really love this suit design and have the HG and MG version myself. There’s something about the head design that just looks mean and evil..but when you’re piloted by Anavel Gato, it’s hard to not be awesome~
Nice paintjob and lining there, real cool how it turned out. I think it got the grayish white treatment to differentiate it from the lead Gundam, much like how Legend and Destiny were.
Yes I like its design too! 😀 Oh it has an MG version? Haven’t seen it before..
Thanks!! Oh so that’s why.. =3 But he still looks cool yeah? 😀
yeah, when you have a nuclear warhead loaded in your bazooka, it’s insanely awesome. XD
The MG version is reaaalllly old though, don’t get it unless you have to, hopefully Bandai releases a version 2.0?
yeah, i got my HGUC GP02A too.. too bad the heavy shield make the hand broken 😦
aww that’s too bad.. yeah the shield is really heavy.. especially that is houses half of the bazooka.. =3