Hello guys! Here is the finished kit that I used for the Gunpla weathering tutorial that I made for FromJapan blog. It’s a Master Grade MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus Karaba Production Type Transformable Mobile Unit. This model kit’s year of production is 2001, it’s quite old but the model is still interesting to me. This will be my first Master Grade that is transformable into a mobile unit which is the Wave Rider. I personally like the orange and white color theme of this mobile suit.
Tag: Master Grade
Gunpla Decal Application Tutorial (Dry Transfer and Water Slide)
Hi guys! Here’s another article that I wrote for fromjapan. Ever finished an MG kit then you saw how massive the amount of decals were? And you were just so intimidated and afraid that you’ll ruin your kit that you did not go through with applying the decals? Well, be afraid not! Because it’s just intimidating but not really hard to do if you get the hang of it! Here’s the article that I wrote about application of dry transfer and water slide decals. Enjoy! And I hope it helps out fellow Gunpla hobbyists out there! 🙂
MG 1/100 RX-93-v2 Hi-V Gundam Ver. Ka Complete
Hello guys! This project was both fun and excruciating! But I’m glad I have completed this kit and I’m excited to show you. More information about this MS are found here: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-93-%CE%BD2_Hi-%CE%BD_Gundam
Things I did:
1. Snapfit + nub cleaning as usual.
2. Panel lining using enamel wash method.
3. Water slide decals application (this is the excruciating part).
4. Sprayed topcoat matte.
5. Hand-painted some details/metallic parts using Flat Aluminum and Gold Leaf.
6. Sprayed last layer of topcoat matte.
And here he is! Enjoy!
The shoulder armor pieces can be extended and opened:
There’s a hidden machine gun on his right arm.
There’s a hidden beam saber hilt on his left arm:
His lower leg armor pieces can also be opened to reveal thrusters:
His back skirt too can also be opened:
Two more beam saber hilts are on his backpack fin funnel holders:
With fin funnels on display:
Things I don’t like about this kit:
1. Big sheet water slide decals for the fin funnels, they are the hardest to apply and to maintain, they are easy to tear if mishandled, certainly requires gentle and graceful hands to apply this large water slide decals, I failed a couple of times and managed to tear some decals. XD
2. Back heavy, but it’s to be expected. You won’t be able to pose him properly with everything attached without the use of the back support (transparent piece that is also used for the stand) provided in the kit.
3. The new MG hands are nice in detail and articulation but in exchange, the finger joint can easily be loosened when too much pressure is applied on the fingers and then they fall off by themselves. Increased complexity yields increased faults.
4. The design of the fin funnel display holders are horrible, it’s quite hard to pose the fin funnels for display the way you want them to, took me quite a while.
Things I like about this kit:
1. Despite the excruciating water slide decal application, the resulting effects of the vast amounts of decals is superb! That’s what you normally expect from a ver. Ka kit. He looks more realistic with the decals applied.
2. Kit comes with a display stand and fin funnel holders for display.
3. MS has lots of gimmicks and parts that can be opened.
4. Fin funnels, nuff said.
5. LED support in the body unit for the eyes to light up if you have an LED unit.
6. Details are superb!
7. I’m liking the purple and white color scheme. Works for me. At first I didn’t like it but I learned to appreciate the color combination. 🙂
And that’s it! Thanks for viewing! Till my next kit! Probably I’ll go back to HG kits, particularly the new HGBF series. MG kits really take a toll on my hobby willpower! XD
MG 1/100 RX-93-V2 Hi-V Gundam Ver. Ka WIP3
Two words. DECAL HELL! This is the hardest water slide decal work I have done in my Gunpla adventure. XD Painting details and topcoat left to do. I can’t imagine going through the same ordeal if I bought an MG Sinanju Ver. Ka.
MG 1/100 RX-93-V2 Hi-V Gundam Ver. Ka WIP1
Hello everyone! This is my current project, I’m actually liking the default color scheme and might just do a straight build. The details in this kit are amazing so far.
MG 1/100 Gundam 00 Seven Sword/G (Custom Painted Build)
Hello viewers! I present to you MG 1/100 Gundam 00 Seven Sword/G custom painted build.
What I did for this build:
1. Snap fit + nib marks cleanup.
2. Primed every blue part with grey primer.
3. Airbrushed every primed part with Tamiya X-15 Light Green.
Continue reading “MG 1/100 Gundam 00 Seven Sword/G (Custom Painted Build)”
MG 1/100 00 Gundam Seven Swords WIP1
Hi guys! Here is the latest kit that I’m working on. Inner frame done. What color scheme to do?