Hello guys! This project was both fun and excruciating! But I’m glad I have completed this kit and I’m excited to show you. More information about this MS are found here: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-93-%CE%BD2_Hi-%CE%BD_Gundam
Things I did:
1. Snapfit + nub cleaning as usual.
2. Panel lining using enamel wash method.
3. Water slide decals application (this is the excruciating part).
4. Sprayed topcoat matte.
5. Hand-painted some details/metallic parts using Flat Aluminum and Gold Leaf.
6. Sprayed last layer of topcoat matte.
And here he is! Enjoy!
The shoulder armor pieces can be extended and opened:
There’s a hidden machine gun on his right arm.
There’s a hidden beam saber hilt on his left arm:
His lower leg armor pieces can also be opened to reveal thrusters:
His back skirt too can also be opened:
Two more beam saber hilts are on his backpack fin funnel holders:
With fin funnels on display:
Things I don’t like about this kit:
1. Big sheet water slide decals for the fin funnels, they are the hardest to apply and to maintain, they are easy to tear if mishandled, certainly requires gentle and graceful hands to apply this large water slide decals, I failed a couple of times and managed to tear some decals. XD
2. Back heavy, but it’s to be expected. You won’t be able to pose him properly with everything attached without the use of the back support (transparent piece that is also used for the stand) provided in the kit.
3. The new MG hands are nice in detail and articulation but in exchange, the finger joint can easily be loosened when too much pressure is applied on the fingers and then they fall off by themselves. Increased complexity yields increased faults.
4. The design of the fin funnel display holders are horrible, it’s quite hard to pose the fin funnels for display the way you want them to, took me quite a while.
Things I like about this kit:
1. Despite the excruciating water slide decal application, the resulting effects of the vast amounts of decals is superb! That’s what you normally expect from a ver. Ka kit. He looks more realistic with the decals applied.
2. Kit comes with a display stand and fin funnel holders for display.
3. MS has lots of gimmicks and parts that can be opened.
4. Fin funnels, nuff said.
5. LED support in the body unit for the eyes to light up if you have an LED unit.
6. Details are superb!
7. I’m liking the purple and white color scheme. Works for me. At first I didn’t like it but I learned to appreciate the color combination. 🙂
And that’s it! Thanks for viewing! Till my next kit! Probably I’ll go back to HG kits, particularly the new HGBF series. MG kits really take a toll on my hobby willpower! XD