Hello guys! Happy new year! This will be my first build of the year! Just finished panel lining and application of decals. I’m thinking of applying some weathering before sealing everything with top coat. Till next update! 🙂
Hello guys! This project was both fun and excruciating! But I’m glad I have completed this kit and I’m excited to show you. More information about this MS are found here: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-93-%CE%BD2_Hi-%CE%BD_Gundam
Things I did:
1. Snapfit + nub cleaning as usual.
2. Panel lining using enamel wash method.
3. Water slide decals application (this is the excruciating part).
4. Sprayed topcoat matte.
5. Hand-painted some details/metallic parts using Flat Aluminum and Gold Leaf.
6. Sprayed last layer of topcoat matte.
And here he is! Enjoy!
The shoulder armor pieces can be extended and opened:
There’s a hidden machine gun on his right arm.
There’s a hidden beam saber hilt on his left arm:
His lower leg armor pieces can also be opened to reveal thrusters:
His back skirt too can also be opened:
Two more beam saber hilts are on his backpack fin funnel holders:
With fin funnels on display:
Things I don’t like about this kit:
1. Big sheet water slide decals for the fin funnels, they are the hardest to apply and to maintain, they are easy to tear if mishandled, certainly requires gentle and graceful hands to apply this large water slide decals, I failed a couple of times and managed to tear some decals. XD
2. Back heavy, but it’s to be expected. You won’t be able to pose him properly with everything attached without the use of the back support (transparent piece that is also used for the stand) provided in the kit.
3. The new MG hands are nice in detail and articulation but in exchange, the finger joint can easily be loosened when too much pressure is applied on the fingers and then they fall off by themselves. Increased complexity yields increased faults.
4. The design of the fin funnel display holders are horrible, it’s quite hard to pose the fin funnels for display the way you want them to, took me quite a while.
Things I like about this kit:
1. Despite the excruciating water slide decal application, the resulting effects of the vast amounts of decals is superb! That’s what you normally expect from a ver. Ka kit. He looks more realistic with the decals applied.
2. Kit comes with a display stand and fin funnel holders for display.
3. MS has lots of gimmicks and parts that can be opened.
4. Fin funnels, nuff said.
5. LED support in the body unit for the eyes to light up if you have an LED unit.
6. Details are superb!
7. I’m liking the purple and white color scheme. Works for me. At first I didn’t like it but I learned to appreciate the color combination. 🙂
And that’s it! Thanks for viewing! Till my next kit! Probably I’ll go back to HG kits, particularly the new HGBF series. MG kits really take a toll on my hobby willpower! XD
RX-78-2, the White Mobile Suit! The ‘Father’ of all Gundams as some might describe. I’ve been wanting to get my hands on a RX-78 model and I chose Ver. Ka just because of the decals. Though this is an MG kit, it feels though as I am assembling an HG kit while putting together some parts, though some parts are well detailed as expected in MG kits. Continue reading “MG 1/100 RX-78-2 Ver. Ka (painted build)”
I present to you MG 1/100 RX-75 Guntank! I won this MG kit last year in a raffle during a Gunpla competition. I did not win the competition but I was lucky enough to be a raffle winner of an MG kit, it’s a better prize than winning the consolation prizes. I procrastinated at building him since I wanted to build more HG kits first before venturing into MGs. Now that he’s been in the box art-less box far too long, I decided it’s time to start building him and apply what I’ve learned from the past year in experimenting with my HG kits, and also with that, I’ll start building more MG kits. Though there are a lot of HG kits that I want to have and build.
I was quite excited when I started opening the plastic bags containing the runners, It has been a long while since I’ve built an original Bandai MG kit. The most recent original MG kit I’ve built was Rick-Dom. Let’s start with the review! First off some photos of the individual parts: Continue reading “MG 1/100 RX-75 Guntank”
Hello guys! At last, after hours of struggling and battling with low levels of enthusiasm, I have accomplished my first knock-off gunpla kit! Continue reading “MG 1/100 Sinanju (GaoGao/TT HongLi) (K.-O. kit)”
Hi guys! I’m done with a recent gunpla project but still lazy to take a photoshoot, maybe during the weekend? I’m excited to show him to you guys! Anyway for now, I’m working on Sinanju! But take note that this Sinanju is actually a KO kit by GaoGao/TT HongLi, not an original Bandai. Buy why you say? Well it’s because I wanted to practice first on a KO kit and have it all painted before going into battle with an original Sinanju kit! I would want my Bandai Sinanju to be perfect! XD So far I’m almost done with the body and head, just some minor paint adjustments and polishing to do. Continue reading “MG 1/100 Sinanju full painted build WIP”
I just reorganized my toys inside my Ikea Detolf and oh my they’re cramped up already XD Wanted to show my current collection so far.. some items have not gone through reviews and photoshoots yet.. =3 Continue reading “My Current Collection”