Hello guys! Here is the finished kit that I used for the Gunpla weathering tutorial that I made for FromJapan blog. It’s a Master Grade MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus Karaba Production Type Transformable Mobile Unit. This model kit’s year of production is 2001, it’s quite old but the model is still interesting to me. This will be my first Master Grade that is transformable into a mobile unit which is the Wave Rider. I personally like the orange and white color theme of this mobile suit.
Gunpla Weathering and Battle Damage Tutorial
Hello guys! Here is the finished write-up and article that I wrote for FromJapan blog about my style on Gunpla weathering and battle damage. Enjoy! Feel free to ask any questions below the comments section.
Note: Image above is made by FromJapan. All credits of the title image are to them. 😀
Gunpla Weathering Tutorial Preview (Video)
Hi guys! I’m currently in the process of creating a Gunpla weathering tutorial. And here’s the supporting video so far: Gunpla Weathering Demonstration. A write-up will be to follow that will include materials used and the process that I did. Till next post!
HG 1/144 YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu
Hello viewers and fellow hobbyists! At last I am done with Rozen Zulu! My first gunpla with heels! Hand-painting the white detail lines were hard!
Things I did in this kit:
1. The usual snap-fit build and nib mark cleaning, nib marks were a lot! And were very visible due to the color of the plastic (darker colored plastic shows more plastic stress marks)
2. Hand-painted the white detail lines, I did not do anything fancy like reverse wash. I just searched for the finest brush that I could find and hand-painted the white lines. It’s not perfect but it’s good enough for me, I’ll try a reverse wash next time.
3. Applied water slide decals. I have lots of extra water slide decals lying around, instead of it gathering dust, better to use them right?
4. Applied battle damage through my proprietary “burning a toothpick method”. :p
5. Applied light weathering using dry-brushing. Just some simulated paint scratches using Flat Aluninum.
6. Added some paint details like copper on battle damage areas.
7. Panel lining of course.
8. And lastly, sprayed a top coat using Bosny Clear Dull.
And without further adieu, I present to you HG 1/144 YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu! (Did they really intend the model number to be YAMS? reminds me of a local root crop in my country which is purple yam or locally called ‘Ube’)
You can find more information about the mobile suit here: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/YAMS-132_Rozen_Zulu
Things I don’t like about this kit:
1. Most of the parts are in the wrong purple color, it looks brown from afar, but when you look at it closely, it’s actually very very dark purple. But he turned out all right despite the wrong colors.
2. Standing stability is poor due to his small feet and the heels! XD
Things I like about this kit:
1. The whole MS design is cool! Almost all MS from the Unicorn series has superb designs!
2. Interesting color scheme.
3. The kit includes with the complete Psycho Jammer set along with stands for them (the floating flower-like thingies)
4. The kit includes the extending wire guided manipulators/INCOMs. (the claw-like hands)
5. Articulation is actually great despite that he looks a bit bulky.
6. Mono-eyed MS is always a plus for me.
That’s! Till next post! (probably another mono-eyed MS) 😀
HG 1/144 Age-1 Titus
Hello guys! At last I have decided to post this and not be lazy, actually I already finished him days ago but didn’t have the energy to take photos and post them here. Well here he is! I’ve finished HG 1/144 Age-1 Titus with some experimentation on a little masking and some battle damage.
My Entry for 2012 Gunpla Competition
I’d just like to show what I will be submitting today for the 2012 Gunpla competition in my country, the head display base was rushed though.. oh well! Doesn’t hurt if I try right? haha! XD