Hello viewers and fellow hobbyists! At last I am done with Rozen Zulu! My first gunpla with heels! Hand-painting the white detail lines were hard!
Things I did in this kit:
1. The usual snap-fit build and nib mark cleaning, nib marks were a lot! And were very visible due to the color of the plastic (darker colored plastic shows more plastic stress marks)
2. Hand-painted the white detail lines, I did not do anything fancy like reverse wash. I just searched for the finest brush that I could find and hand-painted the white lines. It’s not perfect but it’s good enough for me, I’ll try a reverse wash next time.
3. Applied water slide decals. I have lots of extra water slide decals lying around, instead of it gathering dust, better to use them right?
4. Applied battle damage through my proprietary “burning a toothpick method”. :p
5. Applied light weathering using dry-brushing. Just some simulated paint scratches using Flat Aluninum.
6. Added some paint details like copper on battle damage areas.
7. Panel lining of course.
8. And lastly, sprayed a top coat using Bosny Clear Dull.
And without further adieu, I present to you HG 1/144 YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu! (Did they really intend the model number to be YAMS? reminds me of a local root crop in my country which is purple yam or locally called ‘Ube’)
You can find more information about the mobile suit here: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/YAMS-132_Rozen_Zulu
Things I don’t like about this kit:
1. Most of the parts are in the wrong purple color, it looks brown from afar, but when you look at it closely, it’s actually very very dark purple. But he turned out all right despite the wrong colors.
2. Standing stability is poor due to his small feet and the heels! XD
Things I like about this kit:
1. The whole MS design is cool! Almost all MS from the Unicorn series has superb designs!
2. Interesting color scheme.
3. The kit includes with the complete Psycho Jammer set along with stands for them (the floating flower-like thingies)
4. The kit includes the extending wire guided manipulators/INCOMs. (the claw-like hands)
5. Articulation is actually great despite that he looks a bit bulky.
6. Mono-eyed MS is always a plus for me.
That’s! Till next post! (probably another mono-eyed MS) 😀
4 thoughts on “HG 1/144 YAMS-132 Rozen Zulu”
Nice, you are really good at this.
Thanks Dan! 😀
wow… now, I’m pretty excited after seeing this ^_______^
I’m getting one, too! i love how this kit looks.
thanks for posting this!
Haha I’m glad to know that!! You’ll love it! 😀 Welcome! 😀