Hi guys! I present to you MG 1/100 Tallgeese! Partially painted and a lot of weathering. (maybe a bit too much though..)
What I did:
I snapfit the whole kit, took them apart, sanded everything and airbrushed the inner frame parts using Gun Metal. Painted the yellow parts using Gold, except for the yellow part of the shield which I airbrushed Flat Black instead. I airbrushed the weapon using Flat Black too. Chrome Silver for the thrusters. Snap fit them back together:
Then I panel lined the whole kit using enamel wash, added the decals, then sprayed a generous amount of flat topcoat for protection:
Then I decided to go crazy and weather everything! No battle damage though.. I overdid the weathering.. oh well.. it happens.. XD It easy to overdo weathering. Anyway enjoy the photos, just click on the image to enlarge.
What I like about this kit:
1. Beautiful inner frame mechanics and gimmicks.
2. Generous amount of decals.
What I don’t like about this kit:
1. The 1st elbow joint that connects the forearm to the arm can easily come loose. Bad design IMO.
2. The 1st joint connectors of the connector arm for the backpack to it can easily break, I broke both of them.
3. Since a part of his head is detachable, it also loose, it can come off during posing.
4. The hands are irritating, its like HG hands, very inconvenient to change hands in holding different weapons. I prefer MG hands like Sinanju or Strike Freedom.
5. Model balance is horrible, the backpack is a bit back heavy, and his feet are small so he has trouble balancing much like Exia models.
That’s it for this post! Till next time~! 🙂