Hello! Time for another gunpla review! He is my first gunpla kit under the Age series, I got the newest model because he looks interesting, the kit looks promising but let’s just take a look at what’s what! =3
What I like about this kit:
1. Nice balance of white, red, blue and yellow colors, even if its standard protagonist gundam color scheme.
2. Cool set of wings! Not too large of a wing, but not too small too! Simple but elegant.
3. Can transform into strider mode!
4. Overall design is simple yet sleek and clean.
5. Most nib marks are now hidden, maybe included in the design process of this kit? Its a 2011 kit.
6. No “front skirts keep on popping off when posing” disease!
7. Arms and legs can bend to a acute angle of less than 90 degrees! More articulation possible! (Most HG gunplas can only bend up to 90 degrees)
What I don’t like about this kit:
1. I actually don’t have any complains on this HG kit, this is a must have in my opinion! 😀
2. The only cons that I see is that he has few armaments, and small feet? 😀
Well that’s it! Hope you guys liked this post! Thanks for reading! Up next will be a mobile suit! It’s color scheme is blue, can anyone guess? and yes its still and HG kit! 😀
21 thoughts on “HG 1/144 Gundam Age-2 Normal”
It’s actually “more” than 90 degrees rather than “less” :).
Actually something that is more than 90 degrees is an obtuse angle, for example 135 degrees, so it correct to say less than 90 degrees, for example 60 degrees which is an acute angle which is the maximum bending capability of the arms and legs. 😀
OMG your reply. :)) I laughed at the little lecture. :))
Lol I remember this comment XD But it’s correct right?? :))
I jelly that you got him already…
Looks like all your gunplas are under her employ. XD
P.s, the side skirt armour in Strider mode should be turn downwards not to the sides (refer to ye ol’ manual).
Yeah., haha! XD
Yes thank you, didn’t notice that. 😀
But somehow I like it better the way I did haha! 😀
Plenty of plates for a HG kit, the whole line seems to be making bigger strides every time I look. =3
The head looks pretty nifty with good colour separation as well. Nice clean build there! For some reason, Age 2 totally reminds me of 00 Raiser =3
Thanks! Yeah me too, reminds me of Exia. =3
Haven’t gotten around too much to watch Age, but the kit really looks promising, nice mix of the usual white-blue-red-yellow color theme, and as akashingou said, it does somehow resemble 00 Raiser (and if I remember correctly, 00 Raiser’s silhouette looked like Wing Zero. . . . . too much similarities @_@) maybe I should start with some of the gunpla I put away (stares at HG Sandrock Costum and WZC) . . .maybe I should ^_^
Yes you should! haha! 😀
AGE-1 – Gundam RX-78
AGE-2 – Z Gundam
Age-3 – ZZ Gundam, FAZZ Gundam
Wow! I didn’t know that.. so when is the era of this gundam?
RX-78 is the first gundam ever
Z gundam is right afterwards
ZZ is after it.
AGE is a homage to the original gundams, the 100 year war is a homage to the original one year war.
It’s a method to familiarize the new generation with the original first gundams through mild hints and cameos.
That huge protrait in ep 1 in Asuno Mansion is in fact, an RX-78
Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!! Nice to know! Imma download them new series to know more about AGE 😀
its actually a really REALLY old series and not something AGE is actually BASED off… more like a homage.
has decided to customize my Gundam Age-2 XD with some 7swords system xD
Good for you! Looking forward for the customization. 🙂
Ah nice review presentation and photos! Enjoyed reading it.
Oh thank you!! 😀