Hi guys! Now here is a kit from the Build Fighters anime series! Upon watching the anime series, I got pumped up and wanted to buy the kits featured in the series. Too bad most of the kits that I want like Kampfer Amazing and Zaku Amazing were not available at my local hobby store, only Wing Fenice was available and he is good enough for me. Though it would have been better if I also got the meteor hopper, but someone else beat me to it.
Summary of what I did:
1. Straight build and cleaning of nib marks using X-Acto hobby knife.
2. Hand-painted the inner frame/joint parts and his Buster Rifle with Gun Metal as the base color.
3. Hand-painted some details using Gold Leaf on his Buster Rifle, and Flat Aluminum on the thrusters in his hind legs.
4. Added some rust effects on the Gun Metal surfaces using Copper.
5. Panel lining using Copic Multiliner.
6. Top coat with Bosny Clear Dull/Matte.
In the anime series, this gunpla is built and pilot by Ricardo Fellini. It’s probably safe to assume that he is of Italian origin, yes? He is the Gunpla champ of Italy.
“it is remodeled with unique left and right asymmetry, which includes heterochromia eye cameras (which are red and green respectively). The suit’s right antenna and winglike ear protrusion bear scars of previous battle and the Bird Mode is omitted with all these modifications.” (Gundam Wikia)
Machine cannons are mounted on his clavicle area, they have a higher power than the vulcan guns on his head.
The center clear piece should be clear green, but I decided I like it clear white.
Interesting unique asymmetry.
Left and Right Arm:
The left and right arm are also different from each other.
Articulation in recent HG kits have been really improving.
Very simple waist unit construction.
Left and Right Legs:
Same with the arms, the left and right leg visually differ.
Leg articulation is great!
Backpack and Wings:
Armaments include the Buster Rifle Custom:
This primary weapon can be stored on his backpack. There is also a small rifle mounted on the bottom and both can be used independently.
The Beam Rapier is the primary melee weapon of Fenice. While not in use, it can be stored on the left forearm that can also be used as a rapid-fire beam gun.
This is a defensive armament and acts like a beam shield. It can also be wrapped around the Fenice’s arm to increase strength of his punches.
Putting them all together:
Some articulation demonstrations:
Some final profile shots:
To sum up:
Things I like about this kit:
1. HG articulation have come a long way and this kit represents that.
2. Default panel lines and details are satisfying.
3. Color scheme is unique and different from the usual gundam colors.
4. Easy to build, did not encounter any problems in building.
5. I personally like the Beam Rapier and the Beam Mantle; a nice foreign touch.
Things I don’t like about this kit:
1. Sometimes the shoulder joints can easily pop off while posing, but they can be easily put back anyways and not become loose.
2. His wings that are only on his left back side can sometimes make him unbalanced unless his Buster Rifle is also mounted on his right back side.
3. He feels flimsy and unstable due to small feet, but he can actually stand pretty good with good enough posing skills.
That’s it! Till next post! Thanks for viewing! 🙂